As the 2020 election approached I kept asking myself, “Why don’t these candidates fit my views?” “Why in an election that means so much am I not more excited for the future?”. “Why does it all feel like a red and blue fight rather than a red white and blue fight?” I believe very few hold views are strictly conservative or strictly liberal, but we all agree on one thing… The system is broken. Government is broken and it’s no longer serving its constituents.
I went on a search for why and how this has become the case. I started…
1. Kindness is more important than you think
2. there is no substitute for hard work
3. the only substitute for working smart is working smarter
4. the sexiest thing in the world is being really smart
5. not everyone is going to like you and that’s ok
6. you are always better off striving to be the best you rather that striving to be like someone else
7. find friends that are loyal and generous
8. be a loyal and generous friend
9. the path to receiving has a big arrow that says ‘Give this Way”
10. Breaking up…
When you have the opportunity to ask some of the most interesting people in the world about their lives, sometimes the most fascinating answers come from the simplest questions. The Thrive Questionnaire is an ongoing series that gives an intimate look inside the lives of some of the world’s most successful people.
Thrive Global: What’s the first thing you do when you get out of bed?
Ashton Kutcher: Stretch and drink water.
TG: What gives you energy?
TG: What’s your secret life hack?
AK: Leave my phone on Do Not Disturb.
TG: Tell us about your relationship with…
I make stuff, actually I make up stuff, stories mostly, collaborations of thoughts, dreams, and actions. Thats me.